The spread of COVID-19 has prompted public officials in several states and cites to order residents to stay-at-home, except for “essential” businesses.
Stay-At-Home orders generally close all nonessential businesses and prohibit their employees from leaving their homes to work. However, the definition of “essential” businesses can vary depending on the specifics of the order.
What does “Stay-At-Home” mean for you in the Security Industry?
Recently, the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) and the U.S. Department of Homeland Security provided guidance on what is considered an “Essential Critical Infrastructure Workforce.”
The list of “Essential Critical Infrastructure Workers” identified by CISA and important to the industry includes:
- Workers supporting communications systems and information technology used by law enforcement, public safety, medical, energy and other critical industries
- Maintenance of communications infrastructure, including privately owned and maintained communication systems supported by technicians, operators, call centers, wireline and wireless providers, cable service providers, satellite operations, undersea cable landing stations, internet exchange points and manufacturers and distributors of communications equipment
- Installation, maintenance and repair technicians that establish, support or repair service as needed
- Workers who support command centers, including but not limited to network operations command centers, broadcast operations control centers, and security operations command centers
- Datacenter operators, including system administrators, HVAC and electrical engineers, security personnel, IT managers, data transfer solutions engineers, software and hardware engineers, and database administrators
- Dispatchers involved with service repair and restoration
The uncertainty of this virus will not change our goal of continuing to serve any new and existing clients and support our staff and the community.
We are open and available, offering D.I.Y. solutions, FaceTime surveys, and other security options. We are and will be here for you and our community.
At Atlas Security, the safety of our clients and employees is the highest priority.
Please feel free to contact us with any questions you may have or if you need anything.
firstname.lastname@example.org or (417) 831-2866