Department: Technical Services
Job Title: Technician
The Installation/Service technician is responsible for effective installation, configuration, testing, and maintenance of security, fire, door access, and video systems. This individual participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the department.
This individual will also assist fellow employees and customers with technical issues.
Essential Job Functions
- Run wires of different types and gauges through walls, attics, crawl spaces, etc…
- Terminate wires at devices, making proper connections.
- Understand the proper functioning of various devices, such as door switches, motion detectors, cctv cameras, etc…
- Program main units/systems correctly to customer specifications.
- Diagnose and repair issues with systems.
- Test systems completely.
- Train customers on basic functions of systems.
- A technician is to be available Mon. – Fri. 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. Technicians are also required to go into the After-hours Technician rotation at the manager’s discretion.
- Ability to multitask and work in occasionally stressful environments
- Demonstrate an attitude of friendliness, professionalism and courteousness at all times.
- Possess a basic understanding of electronics and circuitry.
- Be able to use and provide hand tools, such as drills, strippers, screwdrivers to work and/or crawl in tight spaces and attics with insulation, to work in hot or cold and dusty environments, to stand for long hours, climb ladders, to work in lifts at heights of 50 feet or more, to be around pets/animals, to lift 50 or more pounds and to perform other physical tasks on a daily basis.
- To have steel-toed boots available for required areas.
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Atlas Security is an equal opportunity employer. Interested individuals are encouraged to send their resume to: Atlas Security 1309 E Republic Rd. Springfield, MO 65804 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.